Experiences and Stories of Biyaheng Palos

Experiences and Stories of  Biyaheng Palos
A Personal Travel Journal

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Batanes: North Tour


I am not a staycation person when it is nature, eco adventure or the beach. And I didn't pay to fly just to stay indoors on a sunshiny day. You can stay in your hotel or in your room  if you don't want to be entertained by the view. 

 Batanes comprises of 6 municipalities, out of the 6, 4 are located in Batan Island, the most populated Island of Batanes. 

 North Batan Island tour is a half day tour covered mostly biking distance from Basco town proper, but that "biking distance" doesn't necessarily mean anyone can bike around, 

Tukon church and Valugan Boulder beach are manageable to a certain level but I had to carry the bike at times, especially on the uphill trail.

It takes courage and stamina especially when you lost your way, like I did, while chasing the trail to Vayang Rolling Hills.


But getting lost brought me to another unplanned but favorable place like the Chadpidan Boulder beach 

Batanes is the manifestation that heaven and earth can, sometimes, trade over.






Disclaimer: I did not bike around the first time. I observed, mapped and get used to the streets before I did bike the town. It is better to have a knowledgeable guide to assist you or your group while on strange routes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment