Experiences and Stories of Biyaheng Palos

Experiences and Stories of  Biyaheng Palos
A Personal Travel Journal

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Batanes, Ichaddao Ku Imu



Capian kamu pa nu dios! (it means "hello")

I wasn't so prepared going to Batanes, brought with me only 5 shirts and 3 boardshorts. But with the last few pencil cases and pencils - I think I really have to fly and give those to some grade school kids.

 With a less than considerable amount in my pocket, I managed to enjoy the scenes and the adventures, AND with provisions to take home souvenir items and shirts and bags and sweet candies. 

Batanes isn't so expensive when you're with a group of like minded individuals who aren't fussy on getting kissed by the scorching heat of the sun. 

I found the waters of Morong beach inviting, so I took off my shirt and dipped in the clear blue for like 5 minutes, and when I saw the people done in their picture taking with the famed arch of Sabtang, took my turn,  photobombers no more!



 ATVs and bikes can be rented in this soon 4 lighthouses island. I did biked around town early in the morning and in the afternoon to revisit the places for that postcard quality pictures to brag about, that I was there at least one time in my life.

Aside from the green surroundings, the rolling hills and the beautiful lighthouses, I admire the people of the island. There were "hi's" and "hello's" everywhere, especially from the kids. I can say Ivatans are one of the most respectful people on the planet. And honest too!

You can visit Batanes thru flights from Tuguegarao or the NCR.

Oh yes, Ichaddao Ku Imu (ichadao kuymu) means "I love you" in Ivatan language
and Dios Mamajes means "Thank You".




No comments:

Post a Comment