The Notable San Joaquin
The Parish Church of San Joaquin, the only military inspired Catholic church in the Philippines, was built in the 19th century by the Augustinians.
Campo Santo de San Joaquin, is another cultural heritage of the town.
The Santo Tomas de Villanueva Church in Miag-ao was built in 1786.
Melody of Guimbal
The San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish. A 400 year old church made from adobe stones called igang and coral stones quarried from Guimaras. It was built in 1774.
Guimbal Town Plaza & Guimbal Watchtower.
Guimbal Watchtowers are 17th Century structures used as look-out for raiding Moro pirates.
St . John of Sahagun Church, is 439 years old. Built in 1575 from yellow limestones.
Saint Anne’s Parish, also known locally as the Molo Church.
The church was constructed in 1831.
Click on thumbnails to view larger image.