Experiences and Stories of Biyaheng Palos

Experiences and Stories of  Biyaheng Palos
A Personal Travel Journal

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Iloilo Part 1

Pride of Janiuay
The Janiuay Catholic Church was built of sandstone, lime stone and layered bricks and was completed in February 1770.

The Janiuay Gothic Cemetery. was built in 1870, and is also walled with ancient sandstone and bricks.

Cabatuan Town Plaza arch, patterned from that of banana leaves.

San Nicholas de Tolentino Parish Church in Cabatuan, built in 1834, is a Tuscanic church.

This century old Spanish-Filipino Cemetery is the only cemetery in the Philippines which is a perfect square.

Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Plaza.

The Parish of Sta. Barbara, a Baroque Rennaisance architecture, was built in 1845 and was completed 33 years later, and declared by the National Historical Institute as a national historic landmark.

Inspiration of Pavia
The Sta. Monica Parish Church in Pavia, Iloilo,nis a century-old church made of red bricks.

Jaro Cathedral Belfry, located opposite of the Cathedral.

The Parish of Our Lady of Candles (Nuestra SeƱora de la Candelaria)

Ceiling of Jaro Cathedral.

 The Parish of Our Lady of Candles also known as the Jaro Metropolitan Cathedral.
The site of a miraculous statue of the Virgin Mary, which was canonically crowned by the late Pope John Paul II.

Click on thumbnails to view larger image.

No comments:

Post a Comment